Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Corumba sucks

Hello from The Bolivian/Brazilian border! I thought I would send an update on my travels! I am currently in week 3 of traveling, with 1 more left to go. I landed in Sao Paulo after thanksgiving, headed to rio for 6 days, then to Ihla Grande (an unbelievable place off the coast of brazil), back to rio for a day, then to bonito, Brazil via Campo Grande. I have walked through the slums of Sao Paulo, learned to samba with some children from the favelas, climbed an 40meter rock face overlooking rio, gotten seriously sunburned climbing that rock face, snorkeled in the most secluded lagoons in the world, drank cachaca with the Godfather of Cachaca, swam beneath beautiful waterfalls, and repelled 70 meters into the Abismo Anhumas (a 15 million year old cave full of cristal clear water and breathtaking limestone formations). Those are just a few of the highlights so far. Right now, though, i am sitting in what might be the grossest hostel ive ever been in my life in the biggest shitball town in brazil. All part of the adventure, right? Tomorrow, we will take an overnight train through the Pantanal wetlands on our journey toSucre, Bolivia, where we hope to visit the Salar de Uyuni. We may not make it due to weather setbacks, but if we don't, we will head to La Paz and Lake Titicaca instead. So don't worry, I won't be sitting around twiddling my thumbs :)



No comments:

Post a Comment